Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm!
Think about this.
- Elvis was told he had no talent and should go back to driving a truck.
- Brittney Spears did not win Star Search.
- In January 1962 the Beatles were auditioned and told “The Beatles have no future in show business”, by a large panel of talent experts.
- Steven Jobs said the 3 greatest things to happen to him which were instrumental to his success were:
- dropping out of University
- being fired from Apple, the company he founded
- being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
Rather than being defeated by them, he turned them all to creative use.
- J.K Rowling’s initial Harry Potter novel was rejected by over 100 publishers.
- Edison failed over 10,000 times when trying to find a filament that would create the incandescent light bulb.
- Sly Stallone’s screenplay “Rocky” was rejected by every production company in Hollywood as “junk”, and he was told he would never succeed as an actor.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger was told he would never appear in films other than as a muscle man and would never have a speaking role.
- Donald Trump was laughed at by EVERY political expert, journalist, TV political commentator and political pundit as having a ZERO PERCENT chance at winning the Republican nomination. And when he DID win the nomination, that same group of over 300 experts said he had a ZERO PERCENT chance of being President.
Successful people are not people without problems. They are simply people who overcome their problems.
Successful people have MORE adversity and failures than you. They simply go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
They keep going long after the excitement and emotion of the moment has passed.